Maybe you’ve seen hangers, covered with fabric. They are often used as a decorative element for some beautiful picture in a magazine. Well, making such hanger cloth is easy :-). Here’s how: What you need:
– Fabric for the hanger – 4 times – two pieces for the outside and two for the inside, the inner fabric can be plain and simple – a large hanger fits into a rectangle around 50×30 cm 🙂
– Sewing machine
1. First you have to draw a pattern – put the hanger on a large sheet of paper and draw a line along it, taking into consideration hanger’s width, i.e. if it is 2 cm wide, draw the line at least 1 cm larger. In any case, it shouldn’t be smaller than necessary, but can be larger.. I drew half of it and then flipped it.
2. Then you have to draw with pencil the pattern on the fabric and cut. It is important to draw on the wrong side of the fabric. Cut a pattern with a seam allowance of 1-1,5 cm. You have to cut four pieces – 2 internal and 2 external. When arranging the pieces for cutting, they must be facing the right sides each, as they will be sewn this way.
3. First sew only the bottom part (the curly one). Then turn the curls inside out and iron. Do this for the front and for the back. Then the two parts – front and back with right sides to one another have to be sewn together. Leave 1 cm above at the middle, where the hanger will pass through and leave several centimeters on the top of the inside part for turning.
4. Turn the whole thing inside out through the left hole finish.
5. The finished hanger can be a wonderful element of a vintage decoration and can be used as a hanger as well!
This post is also available in: Bulgarian