In this blog post I will show you some quick ideas for summer textile fashion accessories. I have seen similar ones in combination with delicate chains or ribbons. They can be so many varieties.
Here is how I made them. Necessary materials:
– some colorful fabrics
– scissors, needle and thread
– ribbons, decorative rope, delicate chain or whatever you like and have
– tape measure or you can print the pattern below
– sewing machine
– metal bead caps pliers (or you can make a round hole in the fabric with other method and fix it with needle and thread)
– the printed pattern that you can download here below (when you print the pattern, please choose “actual size” as printing preference in the printer dialog window and then make sure that the test squares are 1 cm and 1 inch respectively :-))
The steps are several:
Draw the printed pattern on the wrong side of the fabric for the collar and the “bow tie”. You will need 2 pieces from each of them.
Cut the pattern. Then place the pieces with their right side facing and sew them along the edges, as shown, just leaving an area around 1″ without stitch for bringing the right side of the piece out.
For the collar the area without stitch could be wider, as it will be difficult to bring out the right side of the fabric. Just choose an area that is not at the edges, as this will be difficult at the next step.
Bring out the right side of the pieces and iron them. You can use objects such as a sushi stick or something else to help you :-). Close the areas that were left open using needle and thread. For the “bow tie”, in order to look as one, just squeese the large piece in the middle until it reaches the needed shape and then place the smaller piece on top in order to achieve the shape, fixing it with needle and thread.
You can now place the metal bead caps, if you are going to use ones or atach the ribon or chain with needle an thread. Or you can make round hole and fix it with thread.
And they are ready 🙂
I hope you like them.
This post is also available in: Bulgarian